This part of the wiki is about using bots in production. There are extra points to consider when deploying bots in a 24x7 production environment:
- Consider the best way of running bots-engine.
- When errors in edi-files occur, receive a notification by email.
- Use multiple environments; having different environments for at least test and production is standard IT practice.
- Consider if you need extra archiving fro edi files.
- Install bots as a service/daemon.
- Use limited rights for users.
- If you use bots-monitor over the internet/outside your LAN, use HTTPS/SSL connection.
- use apache as web server (instead of default cherrypy)
- Use MySQL or PostgreSQL as database for Bots.
- Use AS2 as communication method.
- Bots has options to push changes from test to production.