Definition: Channels take care of communication with partners and backend systems using file I/O, ftp, email, etc.
A channel is either incoming or outgoing. Examples of channels:
- Receive email from a pop3-mailbox
- Send to a ftp-server
- Pick up in-house invoices from a directory on your computer
- Put orders in a file queue for import in your application.
Example of communication channels for bots:
Notes on naming conventions:
- incoming = incoming to bots
- outgoing = going out bots
- inbound = my organization receives
- outbound = going out of my organization
Bots does client communicates (no server). If you need a communication server (eg for ftp, as2), use a separate server.