- Update plugin:
- Get the plugin at sourceforge.
- Mind there are 2 version of the plugin, depending upon the version of django you use.
- Read like a normal plugin (
- Bots-monitor will give an error…nasty but upgrade is done.
- Stop the web-server.
- Restart bots-webserver.
- For windows:
- Get the installer at sourceforge.
- Install new version.
- Django is upgraded to 1.3.1
- Database and mappings are not changed
- Configuration files have not been changed
For all updates:
settings.pyHAS to be changed. One line has to be added (at end of file):TEMPLATE_CONTEXT_PROCESSORS = ( "django.core.context_processors.auth", "django.core.context_processors.debug", "django.core.context_processors.i18n", "django.core.context_processors.media", "django.core.context_processors.request", "bots.bots_context.set_context", #THIS LINE IS ADDED )
Version 2.2.0 is upward compatible with previous versions in 2.*.*-series:
- no data migration needed
- grammars, translations etc mostly will work as before
- when upgrading from 2.0.* see migration to 2.1.0
- as mentioned above: new line has to be added in
- django 1.1.*; use django > 1.2.0, see for instructions
- editype: database (=database connector with SQLalchemy). Use editype db; if wished you can use SQLalchemy in this new database connector.
- code conversion via file (in bots/usersys/codeconversions). Use codeconversion via ccode table: better, faster, more flexible.
- editype template (with library ‘kid’); use editype template-html (with library Genshi) instead. Genshi is quite simular to kid, see for instructions
- communication via intercommit (type intercommit). If needed, a plugin can be provided.
Changes in bots.ini
You can use your old bots.ini with no problem, reasonable defaults have been used. New options added in 2.2.0:[webserver] #settings for logging of bots-webserver #console logging on (True) or off (False); default is True. webserver_log_console = True #webserver_log_console_level: level for logging to console/screen. Values: DEBUG,INFO,STARTINFO,WARNING,ERROR or CRITICAL. Default: STARTINFO #actually useful: WARNING: only start-up text; info gives more info webserver_log_console_level = STARTINFO # to customise name of botslogo html file (default: bots/botslogo.html) botslogo = bots/botslogo.html # text displayed on right of bots logo. Useful to indicate different environments: TEST, PRODUCTION. Default: no text environment_text = #when True, the run menu contains entries to run each route indivudually. Default: False menu_all_routes = False [custommenus] #it is possible to add a custom menu to the default bots menu. Features #1. the menuname to appear on the menu bar in bots monitor; Default: Custom. Eg: #menuname = MyMenu #2. Entries ins the custom menu: all "name: value" entries in this section will be added to the custom menu in bots monitor. Eg: #Incoming = /incoming/?all #3. Menu divider lines can be added with special value "---". Eg: #divider1 = --- # note: sequence of entries is preserved, but case of menu entry is not; title case will be applied