- A plugin is a file with predefined configuration for bots. It includes routes, channels, grammars, mappings etc.
- Plugins are installed via
- In order to run the routes in a plugin you first have to activate the routes.
- There are useful plugins on the bots sourceforge site.
- Documentation for these plugins.
grammars for edifact and x12 are NOT plugins, and can not be installed.
For what is a bots plugin useful?
- An easy way to distribute and share edi configurations for bots.
- Learn from existing configurations
- Backup your configuration.
- Share your configuration with others (It would be nice if you want to share your configuration; other can use and/or learn from what you have done.).
- Do another install of the same configuration.
- Transfer your environment from test to production.
- Plugins are used to update to a new version of bots (only between minor versions).